The boards of both RTL Nederland and Talpa Network have given the green light to the merger of the two companies, paving the way for a new company that will aim to take on the global streamers.
In June the two companies announced plans to join forces, with Talpa taking a 30 per cent stake in RTL Nederland while also contributing assets from its TV, radio, print, digital and ecommerce divisions. RTL Group will hold the remaining 70 per cent.
Following the favourable opinions, RTL Group and Talpa Network have signed agreements to merge their broadcasting and other media businesses in the Netherlands.
RTL Nederland operates TV channels RTL4, RTL5, RTL7, RTL8, RTL-Z, and RTL Lounge, as well as the SVoD platform Videoland. Talpa Network broadcasts TV channels SBS6, Net 5, Veronica and SBS9.
The deal still remains subject to approval from competition authorities, and is expected to close in the first half of 2022.