Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now

×

IBC2015 4K Charity Fun Run hailed a great success

Elemental’s 4K 4Charity Fun Run at IBC raised €2,7012.51 for global charity CARE, and €6,753.13 for a local charity in Amsterdam, Jeugdsportfonds

Elemental’s 4K 4Charity Fun Run at IBC raised €2,7012.51 for global charity CARE, and €6,753.13 for a local charity in Amsterdam, Jeugdsportfonds. The event presented sponsors, partners and individual runners with the opportunity to network with colleagues while giving to good causes.

The 4K 4Charity Fun Run at IBC 2015 doubled in registration over the event at IBC 2014 with 414 registrants from more than 33 countries and 119 companies. On race day, 237 runners were on the course.

Net donations for the run at IBC 2015 increased 62 per cent from donations at the 4K 4Charity Fun Run held in association with IBC 2014. The majority of sponsor contributions (60 per cent) were designated to the CARE and Jeugdsportfonds, with the remaining 40 per cent allocated to event costs. One hundred per cent of registrant donations were designated for the two charities.

Individual registrants were asked to make donations of €15, €20, €35, €50 or +€50 to CARE and Jeugdsportfonds, in lieu of standard registration and event fees. Individual runners donated a total of €9765.64 directly to the charities.

The 4K 4Charity Fun Run differs from similar events in that all registrants contribute to charity in lieu of race fees, resulting in much larger net donations.

Corporate sponsors donated €40,000 of which 40 per cent or €16,000 was applied to offset event costs. The €24,000 balance was contributed to CARE and Jeugdsportfonds.

CARE is a organisation that fights global poverty. Since 1945, CARE has served individuals and families in poor communities around the world by working to cut poverty off at its roots. CARE focuses on community-based efforts to improve basic education, end gender-based violence, provide healthcare and nutrition, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity, and protect natural resources.

Jeugdsportfonds (Youth Sports Fund) offers sports opportunities to children four to 18 years of age whose families do not have the financial resources to pay for an athletics club membership. Jeugdsportfonds covers the cost of membership for these children and, in some cases, also pays for any associated sports equipment.

www.care.org
amsterdam.jeugdsportfonds.nl

Close