Avid has released MediaCentral 2019, a next-generation media workflow platform for TV news, sport and post production.
According to Avid, MediaCentral 2019 scales to meet the needs of journalists who collaborate in increasingly dispersed teams to break news on air and social media.
The platform’s customisable suite of creative tools enables teams to work simply from within the user interface, create and collaborate from anywhere using any device, and deploy the platform with Cloud integration.
With MediaCentral 2019, teams can quickly ingest, log, search, edit, distribute and publish video content to any number of outlets. The new functionality includes:
- Collaboration across multiple sites: up to six production sites can connect, enabling sharing and powerful searching of content in different locations
- Faster and more intuitive search: find media faster by using the new query builder and expanded filtering (metadata, dates, and favourites)
- New logging capabilities: users can log assets with meaningful details quickly – ideal for sport, news, reality TV and post production
- Automated file ingest: ingest high volumes of media through a web browser or volume ingest with full Avid Media Access (AMA) support in the Ingest desktop app
- Flexible deployment: users can set up the platform however they want and transition it as business needs evolve
Raymond Thompson, director of broadcast and media solutions marketing at Avid, said: “We’ve taken the core business capabilities of MediaCentral, the richest media platform available, and redesigned it so our customers – whether they are a team of two or an organisation of thousands – have easy access to information, assets and apps so they can turn around their content faster than ever before.”