There is just one week to go until Futuresource Consulting’s New Content Horizon event at the Ham Yard Hotel, London. Taking place on 2 June, the half-day conference will explore the business opportunities within entertainment content, bringing together key industry influencers to discuss the content, service and hardware plays that will shape the future landscape. Key themes will include:
- How robust is pay-TV, against the challenge of OTT? Who will be the winners and losers?
- Premium sports - The jewel in the crown: Multiplatform rights, digital strategies, the role and threat of OTT, aggregation vs direct to consumer.
- Mobile operators content strategies: Differentiation in a crowded landscape.
- The studio challenge: Windows, SVoD - destructive or disruptive - maintaining control.
- Socialising discovery: The increasing importance of search and recommendation and the role of social media.
- The relationship between hardware and content: The where, how and why of content consumption, and the devices that could emerge on top.
- 4K and beyond: 3D all over again? When will 8K surpass 4K? Does the consumer care?
- The Futuresource Innovation Showcase: Explore the leading edge, as companies share their experiences of innovating within the realms of content delivery.
George Barrios, chief strategy officer and CFO of global media organisation WWE will be opening the event, and the afternoon will feature demonstrations from Panasonic and West 10 and panel and presentation sessions from the BBC, DTG, Eurosport, Hasbro Studios, Omnigon, QVC, Rovi and more.