Smart Studio, an acoustic consultancy in Ireland and the UK, has opened a new reference studio at its offices in Ireland.
The new space makes it possible for prospective customers to experience first-hand the details of the Smart Studio offering in both acoustic and build terms, said the company.
The new reference studio features a Control Room and V/O Booth, fitted with high-end equipment and software, including, a Mac Studio M1 Max, Avid Dock and S1 control surfaces, Genelec subwoofer, speakers and monitors, a BENQ 4K projector, Neumann microphone and Dolby Atmos Renderer.
The technology details include:
- Mac Studio w/ M1 Max Processor
- Avid Dock & S1 Control Surfaces
- Full 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos speak set up consisting of:
- – Genelec 7380AP-7 Subwoofer
- – Genelec 8330AP-7 Wall & Ceiling Mounted Monitors
- – Genelec 1237APM-7 Front Speakers (behind perforated projector screen
- ProTools MTRX Studio Audio Interface
- Scarlett 18i20 Audio Interface
- Tascam BD-MP4K
- BENQ 4K Projector
- 2.3m x 1.3 Perforated Acoustic Projector Screen
- Neumann TLM 103 P48 Microphone
- Beyer DT100 Headphones
- Headphone Amp
- 22” Monitor
- Pro Tools Ultimate
- Dolby Atmos Renderer
- DADman Routing System
- Nugen suite of Audio Plugins
- iZotope suite of Plugins
- FabFilter suite of Plugins
The company said up to 50 per cent of all materials used in the Smart Studio system have been either sourced from renewable resources or manufactured from recycled products.
Jim Dunne, managing director and chief designer, Smart Studio commented: “Traditionally the build process of a high-quality sound studio is complex and time-consuming, involving a multi-layered design team. While the final outcome may well be satisfactory it’s going to be a longwinded and expensive process. The Smart Studio approach is different. As industry insiders we know what our clients require, and we deliver it is a simplified and efficient process.”