New offerings will enhance OTT video services this year according to SpotX’s 2019 Video Advertising Trends report.
The analysis also predicts that traditional TV will continue to transform for today’s digital landscape, while industry-wide regulation will lead to larger investments in data management.
In addition, the report suggests that changing consumer expectations of advertising experiences and personal data usage will drive innovation in advertising.
Further key findings include:
- Global consumer habits will drive OTT innovation
- Ad targeting will enhance consumer experiences
- The future of pay-TV isn’t as grim as some data suggests
- Live advertising will grow as the convergence of traditional TV and OTT continues
- More initiatives to increase industry transparency will emerge
SpotX CEO and co-founder Mike Shehan said: “This report made it very clear that both media buyers and sellers must be flexible and ready for change, whether it be diversifying their ad spend or seeking out new global opportunities to increase the value of their inventory.
“Data privacy is still a major concern for key stakeholders and the entire industry will need to comply with new regulations. Still, there are so many exciting opportunities this year as technology continues to improve, and we should all feel very hopeful about what’s coming our way – from advancements in addressable TV to data enablement in OTT.”
The full report is available here.