Stage Fifty has opened its second film studio site in the UK, a 120,000 sq ft of studio space located at Winnersh Triangle, Thames Valley.
The facility houses six sound stages, including a 30,000 sq ft stage which the company describes as the world’s largest fully encapsulated virtual production volume.
Created in partnership with Fin Studio Pictures, the volume features an 84m x 7m screen with over 140 million pixels and technology from disguise, infiLED EM, Unity, Unreal Engine, Brompton Technology and Target3D.
VP Stage’s technical specifications also include:
- Fully encapsulated ceiling with accurate pixel match
- 210-degree circumference with separate independently tracked 6m x 7m movable side screens to increase wraparound to 360-degrees
- Screen raises 15m to gantry allowing sets to be built below
- Both ceiling and wall can be independently moved, allowing filming runs of 60 straight meters to screen.
- Bespoke infiLED EM high frame rate ready LED screens with full-colour management pipeline
- Sync sound with 0Db silent screen operation, passive cooling, and acoustic damping
- Integrated motion control rolling road and turntable system
- Unity and Unreal Engine cluster rendering with low latency outputs
- Advanced disguise integration – real-time set extensions, node rendering, DMX control, video playout and full motion capture tracking solutions
- Full rate motion capture stage and advanced camera positioning system including additional remote cameras for continued capture inside set structures engineered and configured by Target3D
- Exclusive Brompton Technology processor configurations
- Exceeds Netflix Large Stage Accreditation
Stage Fifty, which earlier this year opened a new studio in Farnborough, said the Winnersh site will bring an estimated £50 million boost to the local economy, and generate 500 new jobs.
It also includes 25,000 sq ft of offices and 50,000 sq ft of workshops, which are available now for pre-production. The company said it expects to start welcoming productions to the facility in early 2022.
“We’re developing a world-class creative tech hub for the film and TV industry at Winnersh Film Studios,” said Stage Fifty CEO James Enright.
“Our stages are robust, high-quality and quick to build. And as 90 per cent of the construction materials are reusable or recycled, they’re more sustainable too.
“We worked with Frasers Property to secure the space for the new studio at Winnersh Triangle Park. It’s in a great location with fantastic facilities already in place. Wokingham Borough Council and the Local Enterprise Partnership are investing in the transport infrastructure to support more sustainable travel, which was another reason for choosing Winnersh,” Enright added.