Sony has announced the launch of HXC-FZ90, a new live production system 4K camera for broadcasters.
The HXC-FZ90 also supports HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) and S-Log3 for Sony’s SR Live workflow enabling HD HDR or 4K HDR when desired.
Key features of the camera include:
- Single chip 2/3” 4K CMOS sensor with B4 mount enabling 2000 TVL resolution
- 4K license available on weekly or monthly basis or as a permanent feature
- HLG and S-Log3 built-in support for SR Live workflow
- ARIA Function: Automatic Picture optimisation according to lens characteristics
- Simple integration with CNA-2 web RCP Control allowing advanced monitoring
- Simplified cabling with Prompter or PTZ cameras (ILME-FR7 for e.g.) by Network Trunk (Ethernet)
- Stereo mini jack connector for simple headset connection
- Simple camera operation from front panel of new CCU HXCU-FZ90 with functionalities such as IRIS and paint control
- Advanced focus assist feature
This camera works with Sony’s entry-level 4K production solutions offering alongside the MVS-G1 switcher and ILME-FR7 camera, said the company.
“As production formats diversify according to projects, we are seeing more companies looking for a flexible way to switch at will between 4K, HD and HDR,” said Norbert Paquet, head of live production, Sony Europe.
“They might still be producing most of their commissions in HD but know they need to future proof and want to be able to respond now to briefs with a 4K or HDR component.”