UK post facility Molinare has the opened its own Dolby Atmos 4K HDR theatre, The Jack Cardiff Theatre, described by the company as “the largest room of its kind in London.”
The Jack Cardiff Theatre was converted from a grading suite to provide premium sound mixing facilities, as well as grading, in the heart of Soho, said the company. The theatre underwent structural changes to cater for the acoustic requirements of a Dolby ATMOS room.
Molinare worked closely with acoustic architects Level Acoustic Design and audio and cinema specialists HHB and Bell Theatre Services, who provided the majority of the kit.
The kit upgrade includes:
- Two large 32-fader S6s designed for Dual-Operator use, configured in a 16ft wide, fully flexible console system, custom built by audio design specialists, Soundz Fishy
- Christie 4K HDR Laser Projector and 8m screen, with a grading desk equipped with the latest Baselight
- Multiple Pro Tools HDX Rigs, with the latest Avid MTRX and Sync X interfaces for audio routing and synchronisation, as well as SPQ Processing for speaker calibration
- Adder KVM over IP matrix used for all systems, with multiple adaptable mix and edit positions providing comprehensive control of all systems
- Dante Audio over IP solutions, integrating Molinare’s other Atmos suites and audio endpoints allowing for true collaboration across the facility
- Focusrite Remote Mic Preamps for use when recording foley, crowd and ADR
- Glensound AD/DA and Headphone Amps
- Crown Dante amps feeding JBL Cinema Speakers
Molinare CEO Nigel Bennett said: “The UK has always been one of the number one destinations in the world for a studio or director to get their film made.
“We have the best creative talent and technical minds to deliver the very best, that’s why it’s such an exciting industry to work in.
“The re-opening of our Jack Cardiff Theatre is not only a personally proud achievement for the team and I, but is a testament to Molinare’s growth plans and a draw for the UK creative industries as a whole.”