Blackmagic Design is increasing its suite of cameras for the TV and film market.
The new Pocket Cinema Camera 6K G2 includes an adjustable touchscreen screen for easier framing of shots, a larger battery for longer shooting and support for an optional electronic viewfinder.
It also features latest Blackmagic generation 5 colour science and retains the popular cinematic Super 35 HDR image sensor with 13 stops of dynamic range, dual native ISO and EF lens mount from the previous model, said the company.
The camera houses a 6144 x 3456 Super 35 sensor, while the lens mount works with larger EF photographic lenses to create cinematic images with shallower depth of field, allowing creative defocussed backgrounds and bokeh effects.
The interface uses simple tap and swipe gestures to adjust settings, add metadata and view recording status, added Blackmagic. Customers also get full control over advanced camera features such as on screen focus and exposure tools, 3D LUTs, HDR, metadata entry, timecode, and Blackmagic RAW settings.
The full list of the camera’s features includes:
- Designed from carbon fibre polycarbonate composite.
- 6144 x 3456 sensor with 13 stops and dual native ISO up to 25,600.
- Compatible with a wide range of popular EF lenses.
- Up to 25,600 ISO for low light performance.
- Standard open file formats compatible with popular software.
- Adjustable LCD screen.
- Includes Blackmagic Generation 5 Colour Science.
- Optional Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera Pro EVF.
- Professional mini XLR inputs with 48 volt phantom power.
- Larger NP-F570 battery, optional Blackmagic Pocket Camera Battery Pro Grip.
- Includes full DaVinci Resolve Studio for post production.
“Since the release of the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro, customers have been asking for some of the features to be added to the 6K model,” said Grant Petty, Blackmagic Design CEO.
“We’ve been able to achieve even greater manufacturing efficiencies which means that we are now able to release this new 6K model which adds an adjustable LCD touchscreen, larger longer battery life, support for the OLED viewfinder and improved on screen menus. We are excited to be offering these additional features that have been so popular with customers!”