VoiceInteraction will be showcasing its new Media Monitoring Solution specially designed for Broadcasters at 2019’s IBC Show in Amsterdam, stand D.08 in Content Everywhere, hall 14. The company is following and contributing to the rapid change that the media monitoring industry is facing right now. The market demand for speech content knowledge meets VoiceInteraction’s vision!
The expectations around a competent Media Monitoring Solution are evolving by the day: knowledge is the keyword that better describes a state-of-the-art system. To cope with the dynamic pace of TV production and management, TV stations need a system that is not only able to provide all the typical recording, monitoring and compliance features but above all to extract and make use of content specific knowledge.
With a strong speech processing and machine learning background, VoiceInteraction tailored its Media Monitoring Solution to TV broadcasters’ specific needs and introduced innovative features in such a system:
- Permanent availability of a speech recognition system to retrieve language specific data
- Natural Language Processing engine to analyse, classify and cluster the spoken concepts
- Identification of known speakers associate every utterance with a speaker
- Advertisement identification based on the audio track
- Program segmentation based on automatic content classification
- Spoken language detection for multi-language feeds
- Real-time alert system of non-conforming TV broadcast parameters
The distinctive overlay of content specific data with monitoring reports enables MMS-BE to be effectively shared amongst several departments in a TV station:
- Engineering: have access to all the recording and operational conditions of the system through an exhaustive alert centre system
- Journalistic: make use of the knowledge search system to gather information about the context of the past topic coverages to substantiate the creation of current reality views
- Production: being able to collect all the broadcasted TV data and analsze it thoroughly allows the internal optimisation of processes and supports production planning
- Sales and Marketing: these key aspects of the revenue chain are supported in MMS-BE by allowing programming analysis in terms of share and ratings data. It also allows frame-level content comparison with market competitors
“We are thrilled to have a compelling offer in the competitive Media Monitoring space and we’re glad to present a refreshing solution that has not only the expected features in a recording and monitoring system but is also backed by a strong speech AI engine that is able to generate very useful metadata,” said Hailton Lopes, product manager, VoiceInteraction.