TV Connect has announced the award winners for its 12th annual event.
The TV Connect Industry Awards, organised by Informa, celebrate excellence, innovation and achievements in the global IP, TV and connected entertainment markets.
“All of the companies shortlisted, whether winners or nominees, have continually proven to be an exceptional group that push the boundaries of connected entertainment, and this year is no exception,” said Laura Proctor, head of marketing, Informa.
Taking place at the OXO Tower, the awards were presented to reflect the industry’s efforts to push the boundaries of 4K, cloud TV, smart TV, live streaming, multiscreen, OTT, LTE and mobile video.
BT Sport collected Best Live-Streaming Experience, with Netgem awarded Best TV Experience Enhancement, in partnership with EE TV.
Conviva received the Best OTT TV Service award whilst Huawei’s uCDN solution picked up Best Cloud or CDN Service Delivery.
Proctor added, “The standard of this year’s entries was extremely high, and on behalf of Informa, I’d like to congratulate all the winners and nominees for their innovation and dedication to creating exciting and immersive experiences right across the TV landscape.
“I’m very much looking forward to seeing what the future holds for each of them.”
The full list of the TV Connect Industry Awards 2016:
- Best TV Experience Enhancement: Netgem with EE TV
- Best Smart TV App: Tellybean with Tellybean Easy Video Calling app
- Best Consumer TV Device: AirTies Wireless Networks with Air 3510
- Best Cloud or CDN Service Delivery: Huawei Technologies with Huawei uCDN solution
- Best Live-Streaming Experience: BT Sport with BT Sport
- Best Smart Home Device or Service: SoftatHome with CloudAtHome Internet of Things
- Best Multiscreen TV Service or Solution: Jiangsu Telecom and ZTE with Fixed-Mobile Convergence solution
- Best OTT TV Service: Conviva with Conviva
- Best 4K Service or Solution: Ooredoo and Huawei with the Ooredoo and Huawei 4K video
- Best LTE Broadcast Innovation: Intellicore with Intellicore Stadium
- Best Millennial TV Offering: Nordija A/S with DR Ultra app
- Best Mobile Video Experience: FIA Formula E with Mobile App
- The Best Marketing Campaign: Freeview with Set yourself free with Freeview Play