Sony has unveiled a set of high-grade picture monitors from its TRIMASTER range.
The 24- and 18.4-inch models will be showcased at BSC Expo in London, and will be available in July 2020.
The PVM-X2400 and PVM-X1800 monitors provide high picture quality and accurate colour reproduction via dedicated panels from Sony, which offer UHD resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels and brightness of all-white luminance of 1000 cd/m2.
For optimum film production, their wide colour gamut matches the industry-leading BVM-HX310 TRIMASTER HX master monitor, giving filmmakers a reliable tool to help make critical imaging decisions and faithful colour matching throughout the workflow.
According to Sony, the monitors’ compact size and high portability enable expanded footprints in 4K HDR production, including versatile applications such as on-set monitoring, non-linear video editing, studio wall monitoring, rack-mount monitoring of OB trucks or machine rooms.
The monitors also feature new Black Detail High/Mid/Low, maintaining accurate colour reproduction by reducing the brightness of the backlight in three steps to reproduce the correct colours and gradations in low-luminance areas.
Another new function, Dynamic Contrast Drive, dynamically changes backlight luminance to adapt to each scene or frame when transferring images from PVM-X2400/X1800 to existing Sony OLED monitors, allowing filmmakers to check the highlight and low light balance of the contents with both bright and dark scenes.
“We are excited to return to BSC this year and launch our two new picture monitors at the show,” said Daniel Dubreuil, senior product manager at Sony Professional Solutions Europe. “At Sony, we always work closely with our partners, customers and the wider industry to offer solutions that help filmmakers overcome the real-life production challenges they face on set or in the editing room.
“Through the launch of these new monitors, Sony is now able to offer its customers an even wider range of compact 4K HDR monitors that provide reliable and faithful colour matching from start to finish.”
Key features of the new reference monitors include:
- TRIMASTER technology offering precise greyscale and accurate colour reproduction, achieving 100 per cent colour gamut coverage of the industry-leading BVM-HX310 master monitor
- 4K resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels and HDR capabilities
- New Black Detail High/Mid/Low to reproduce the correct colours and gradations in low-luminance areas
- Dynamic contrast ratio of 1,000,000:1 by Dynamic Contrast Drive, a new backlight driving system that dynamically changes the backlight luminance to adapt for each frame of a scene
- 4K/HD scopes with HDR scales that are Waveform/Vector
- Quad View display and User 3D LUT functionality
- 12G/6G/3G/HD-SDI with auto configuration