TVU Networks will showcase its innovative approach to 24/7 linear channel scheduling and playout at IBC 2022.
TVU Channel Plus, a cloud-based playout service with integrated ad sales support, will make its IBC2022 debut.
Initially designed for one of the world’s largest broadcasters, TVU Channel, enables the user to schedule live and VoD programming from a simple web browser. Both TVU Channel Plus and TVU Channel enable simple, yet powerful linear channel scheduling and playout running in the cloud and with their pay-as-you-go pricing, support an OpEx business model.
The new TVU Channel Plus is free to the user, employing a revenue-split pricing model based on ad performance. TVU Channel is offered for a monthly $1,995 pay-as-you-go pricing structure.
TVU Channel Plus features ad sales support from digital ad networks and can be used to: supplement broadcasters’ existing sales teams; service broadcasters looking to keep on-air sales efforts separate from FAST (Free Ad Supported TV) channel ad sales; or provide a complete ad sales solution for smaller media firms.
“FAST channels are increasing dramatically in popularity and offer broadcasters a new way to reach cordcutters while increasing revenue with both existing and new programming,” said Paul Shen, CEO, TVU Networks. “We’re thrilled to offer TVU Channel Plus as an easy and effective way for broadcasters to launch their own FAST channels with zero risk. TVU Channel Plus is entirely free of infrastructure and start-up costs.”
Featuring dynamic ad insertion, every second of sellable inventory is monetized on TVU Channel Plus. Like its predecessor, TVU Channel Plus provides extensive support for ad insertion, including scheduled breaks, manual breaks and full SCTE passthrough. It enables the user to schedule live and VoD programming from a simple web browser.
Additional features of TVU Channel Plus:
- Simple scheduling process as easy to operate as an online calendar
- Integrates with all third-party ad scheduling platforms via a universal translator
- Support for crawls and overlays
- Playout of scheduled program content and live inserts on the fly
- Multiple, simultaneous playout destinations supported, including broadcast, OTT, websites, apps and social media
- Single-person operation and multiple user access for larger organisations
- Electronic Program Guide output
- Program interrupt for instant changes
- Easy mirroring of on-air scheduling and playout for DR and business continuity
- IT and physical security leveraging massive investment of cloud vendors
TVU Channel and TVU Channel Plus integrate within the TVU Networks ecosystem: TVU Producer for multi-camera live video production and graphic overlays, TVU Search for AI-powered content search, TVU Transcriber for real-time closed captioning, TVU Grid for point to multipoint video distribution over the Internet, and the TVU One mobile transmitter and TVU Anywhere mobile broadcast app for live video sources.