Ross Video is introducing the Carbonite Ultra 60, a production switcher with “big switcher performance”.
Carbonite Ultra 60 is available for media groups looking to undertake larger, more complex, and more demanding productions. It is based on a software-defined hardware platform, making upgrading from HD to UHD easier, said the company.
Key Features of Carbonite Ultra 60 include:
- Supporting an I/O of up to 60×25 in HD or UHD. The modular 3RU frame can be configured as 36×15 and expanded should demand increase.
- Although Ultra 60 leverages the latest hardware technology to provide incredible performance, it shares the DNA of Carbonite Ultra, including its entire feature set.
- The Carbonite Ultra 60 platform includes onboard Frame Syncs, Format Converters, MultiViewers, and more.
- The switcher supports most major formats and frame rates. Plus, HDR and WCG support are built in.
- Audio mixing and processing capabilities are available with an easy-to-install license key.
“When we launched the first edition of Carbonite at NAB 12 years ago, we introduced a new class of production switcher that went beyond the capabilities of many products twice its size and price,” explained Nigel Spratling, vice president of production switchers and video servers at Ross Video.
“Since that time, we’ve continued to develop the range of Carbonite products to the point where Carbonite Ultra has become the most popular mid-sized production switcher on the market. With the announcement of Carbonite Ultra 60, we’ve taken another massive step forward in our production switcher offering with the biggest, fastest, and most powerful Carbonite to date.”