Orange has outlined its technology offering for the Tour de France 2019, including permanent fibre installation at 11 sites and 4G mobile coverage in 219 municipalities.
Having supported the Tour for over 20 years, Orange deploys more than 70 technicians to produce the infrastructure requited for the 3,460km race.
The company will also supply:
- 3 semi-trailers
- 15 tonnes of equipment
- 32km of cables for communication solutions
- 32 relays to reinforce the 3G/4G mobile network coverage
- 450 back office technicians
- 220km of optical fibre cables up to the finish line
- 500 temporary phone lines
- More than 6,300 hours of broadcasting in 190 countries around the world
- 1.4 million minutes of internet
Orange will also deploy eight Wi-Fi networks in each Tour de France village with an equivalent rate of 200 MB/s, able to handle more than 10,000 simultaneous connections, as well as a VR demonstration in the fan parks enabling enthusiasts to experience the famous Col du Tourmalet descent on the bike of former Tour de France yellow jersey Charly Mottet.