The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences has announced the winners of the 74th annual Technology and Engineering Awards.
The prizes will be presented during NAB Show, on Sunday April 16th.
“The Technology & Engineering Emmy Award was the first Emmy Award issued in 1949 and it laid the groundwork for all the other Emmys to come,” said Adam Sharp, CEO & president, NATAS. “We are extremely happy about honouring these prestigious individuals and companies, again in partnership with NAB, where the intersection of innovation, technology and excitement in the future of television can be found.”
The Awards are presented to a living individual, company, or scientific or technical organisation for developments and/or standardisation involved in engineering technologies that have affected television.
The 2022 Technology & Engineering Emmy Award honorees are:
- Invention and Development of the Pinned Photodiode Now Used in Most Image Sensors: Nobukazu Teranishi and NEC
- Extraction of Granular Census Level Behavioural Data using ACR: Cognitive Networks, Enswers, Turner Media lab
- AI-ML curation of Sports Highlights: WSC, IBM, Comcast, and Google
- Digital Cinema Camera Mounted Video Extender for Live Audience: MultiDyne and ARRI
- Pioneering Development and Deployment of Virtualizsd Cable Modem Harmonic, Comcast, and Intel
TV Pioneer Hall of Fame honourees:
- Llewelyn Birchall Atkinson
- Jean Lazare Weiller
- Thomas Alva Edison
- Jan Szczepanik
- Constantin Dmitrievich Perskyi