EE has revealed that football was the most-watched live TV content on mobile over Christmas and New Year, representing nine of the top 10 positions.
Liverpool’s 5-1 home win over Arsenal took the top spot, followed by Manchester United’s win against Bournemouth and Rangers’ victory over Celtic.
The most-watched non-football event was the BBC’s New Year coverage which took sixth place in the top 10, with EastEnders and the Queen’s Speech following behind.
The findings reflect a year-on-year growth in mobile video, as 2018 represented peak data volumes.
The full top 10 is as follows:
- Liverpool vs Arsenal (29th December)
- Manchester United vs Bournemouth (30th December)
- Rangers vs Celtic (29th December)
- Brighton & Hove vs Arsenal (Boxing Day)
- Southampton vs Manchester City (30th December)
- BBC New Year’s coverage (New Year’s Eve/New Year’s Day)
- Chelsea vs Crystal Palace (30th December)
- Cardiff vs Tottenham (New Year’s Day)
- Aberdeen vs Celtic (Boxing Day)
- Southampton vs West Ham (27th December)