A new Executive Board has been elected to lead the EBU for the next two years, from January 2019.
The board comprises 11 public service media executives from across Europe, including president Tony Hall and vice-president Delphine Ernotte Cunci.
Hall said: “I welcome this new EBU Executive Board. Public service media has never been more important or more needed. As we begin our EBU presidency in January, Delphine Ernotte Cunci and I look forward to working closely with the new Board and the EBU director general Noel Curran, as well as with all EBU Members and staff.
“It’s a time of great excitement and opportunity in global media. And I firmly believe that the time for public service media has come – with brilliant local content, impartial news and a universal mission that brings us all together.
“Through working together I believe that EBU Members can deliver even more for our audiences, and I’m excited about working with the new Executive Board to deliver that ambition over the two years ahead,” he added.
The full list of board members:
- President: Tony Hall, director general, BBC (UK)
- Vice-President: Delphine Ernotte Cunci, CEO, France Télévisions (France)
- Cilla Benkö, director general, SR (Sweden)
- Petr Dvořák, director general, CT (Czech Republic)
- Ibrahim Eren, chairman and director general, TRT (Turkey)
- Marcello Foa, president, Rai (Italy)
- Giacomo Ghisani, acting director general, legal representative, RV (Vatican State)
- Gilles Marchand, director general, SRG SSR (Switzerland)
- Sergei Pavlov, director of international relations, member of the Board of Directors, Channel One (Russia)
- Gonçalo Reis, president and CEO, RTP (Portugal)
- Ulrich Wilhelm, director general, ARD/BR (Germany)