As the industry approaches IBC 2023, Techex announces its recent collaboration with Skyline Communications to showcase an end-to-end control and monitoring platform for Techex’s tx edge video transport technology.
The collaboration brings together Techex’s widely adopted transport and monitoring product, tx edge, with Skyline’s ubiquitous orchestration platform, Dataminer. Together, they offer an integrated solution that ensures the secure and efficient transport of high-value content within network infrastructures that prioritise security and the highest standards of quality assurance.
The heart of this integration is the symbiotic relationship between tx edge transport gateways and tx core, creating a focused solution for Tier-1 networks. The tx edge brings to the table a suite of practical features suitable for network edge applications including:
- Trust boundary protection between networks
- Traffic policing
- A wide range of input and output protocols with NAT
- Adaptable cloud native IaC support
- Smooth content and instance redundancy protection
- More, ensuring consistency and traceability exists throughout the entire delivery chain regardless of underlying fabric
DataMiner runs on top of Techex’s tx core and tx edge to manage and oversee the entire network, end-to-end
- tx core and tx edge infrastructure monitoring
- single pane of glass overview for all services across all tx edge instances
- proactive in-depth monitoring of transport stream and IP layer
- automatic calculation and visualization of end-to-end service connectivity across all tx edge instances
- signal control and routing (start / stop / resume / failover)
“We are very happy to strengthen our long-term relationship with Techex and bring our joint solutions to the next level,” said Thomas Gunkel, market director broadcast. “Built upon DataMiner’s low code Apps, the front-end of our sample App which we are going to showcase during IBC, can easily be tailored to the specific needs of our users. Following CI/CD principles, everybody can download the App from our catalogue, deploy the solutions within minutes and then gradually evolve over time.”
The tx edge software solution, deployable on-prem or in the cloud, raises the bar significantly beyond what is possible when relying on compression equipment (such as encoders) for dispatching RTP/SRT/Zixi outputs directly. This traditional approach has often brought with it limitations in centralised management and monitoring of the end-to-end delivery chain, particularly when transitioning between the hardware and software domains. This partnership with Skyline provides larger operators with an added operational advantage, centralising control and enhancing data analysis capabilities.
Join Techex at IBC stand 3.C55 & Skyline at stand 1.A63 to find out more about the work between Techex and Skyline Communications.ork infrastructures and media transport solutions in a balanced and grounded manner.