Paramount UK is introducing seven key climate action pledges as it looks to set out its sustainability credentials.
The new commitment is designed to drive collective change across Paramount UK’s business and with its suppliers, partners and audiences, said the company.
The seven pledges include:
- Reduce Paramount UK’s Scope 1 and 2 carbon emissions by 46 per cent by 2030
- Reduce Paramount UK’s Scope 3 carbon emissions across the remainder of this decade
- Integrate positive environmental themes throughout Paramount UK’s content output
- Make Paramount UK’s content production slate 100 per cent albert certified by 2024
- Collaborate with UK broadcasters on research to understand our impact and inspire change
- Build environmental awareness and responsibility into the UK business
- Be transparent about Paramount UK’s sustainability commitments and progress
To reduce its Scope 3 emissions, Paramount UK said it intends to consider environmental impact and the sustainability ambitions and credentials of prospective suppliers in choosing its key partners.
“As a media company and public service broadcaster that entertains and informs millions of people in the UK, we must use our powerful voice to shape culture and social attitudes,” said Maria Kyriacou, president & CEO, Paramount UK. “Our Peak Sustainability campaign and the pledges we have made, will help us drive change and chart a path towards decarbonisation which is not only a business imperative, but essential for the future of our planet.”
Paramount added that it plans to use the findings from the UK pilot to assess its approach to scaling its efforts across its company-wide, global emissions footprint.