Rise, the membership group for gender diversity within the broadcast technology sector, has announced entries are now open for its second annual Awards.
The Rise Awards aim to showcase talent across the industry, including those working in a manufacturer, service provider, engineer or broadcaster role.
This year’s categories are:
- Engineer – Recognises a high achiever, problem solver and team player who represents the very best of the broadcasting profession. Sponsored by OWNZONES
- Product Innovation – Recognise the importance of revolution and invention for the broadcasting sector today, and for the future fulfilling either a product development and or product management role, the outcome should be engaging and empowering to make a difference and create tangible benefits to the industry. Sponsored by Clear-Com
- Woman of the Year – Special award is open to any inspiring and extraordinary woman across the sector, at any level, for making a significant difference in her field or to the industry. Sponsored by Zixi
- Rising Star – Will recognise those who can demonstrate exceptional and ongoing achievements that have made a significant contribution to their business (must have worked in the industry for less than four years). Sponsored by Editshare
- Business – Open to any woman in the following roles – CEO, managing director, COO, owner and anyone whose role means that they are running a business in the broadcast industry (either manufacturer, broadcaster or service provider).
- Sales – Open to any woman in a sales role in the broadcast industry working for either a manufacturer, service provider, broadcaster, media publisher, or tradeshow
- Marketing – Open to any woman working in a marketing role in the industry either in-house, or for an agency/freelance, who has excelled in their role
- Technical Operations – This award is for a technical operations team member who has gone above and beyond the requirements of their day-to-day role to make a difference. Sponsored by Ross Video
The awards are free to enter, and nominations will close on Monday September 21st, 2020. The winners will be announced at an event in November (to be confirmed if in person or virtual).
Entrants can be nominated, or they can nominate themselves. All applications will require statements on the nominee and why they are relevant for the award.
The judges, across the categories, are looking for the best demonstration of exceptional achievement, innovation, positive impact, and the ability to portray entry requirements. The Woman of The Year category will be voted for by the Rise Advisory Board members.
Nominations can be submitted via’s Rise’s website.