Grabyo is aiming to take audio mixing to the cloud with the release of a new cloud-based audio mixer into its live production platform, Grabyo Producer.
The audio mixer can be operated remotely and customised for the needs of individual users and events. The first release of the service supports precise dBFS level monitoring, the ability to set volume, gain and pan and mute, listen to audio sources independently using pre-fade, after-fade or output listening and create and manage audio layers.
According to Grabyo, the audio mixer can support a large number of individual audio sources per event, with the option to add multiple audio mixers and vision mixers for the same event if required.
The company said it intends to release further updates that will bring the capabilities of traditional, hardware-based audio mixers into the platform.
Pebble accelerates IP network provision with IP connection system
Pebble is launching Pebble Control, an IP connection management system designed to help broadcasters transition to all-IP facilities without a custom enterprise solution.
Pebble Control leverages full support for the Advanced Media Workflow Association’s NMOS suite of protocols. Operating on web-based UIs, Pebble Control delivers benefits to even the smallest IP facility, the company said.
Pebble Control provides:
- Automatic discovery and resource management with full support for NMOS IS-04 v1.3 and physical and logical views to organise an IP system
- Alarms offering immediate feedback from the NMOS registry so users know when devices go offline.
- Multicast settings management to make provisioning those settings for NMOS senders easy with a responsive tabular interface. Configuration data can be exported and imported making it possible for users to delegate and quickly restore settings.
- Streamlined connection management with full support for NMOS IS-05 v1.1 and the ability to define custom logical views and containers, thus streamlining connection management.
- Legacy router emulation.
- Software and hardware panel integration.
- Modern access control.
- Flexible deployment and host management.
Evertz integrates Zixi SDVP for IP video delivery
Evertz has partnered with Zixi to integrate its Software-Defined Video Platform (SDVP), including ZEN Master, in to the XPS Series, Evertz’s real–time, low latency video streaming platform.
“The SDVP and the Zixi protocol allow our mutual customers to realise the best video quality with ultra-low latency,” said Harjinder Sandhu, director of enterprise encoding solution sales and business development with Evertz. “The joint solution is exactly what is being asked for by users in esports, live 4K and other mission critical use cases.”