TVT Media has integrated Blue Lucy’s BLAM Adobe Premiere plug-in into its media management service and software platform, Content Select.
The integration provides users with access to Adobe Premiere for compliance editing and advanced quality control from within the ContentSelect platform.
According to the companies, because all features and functions of both BLAM and ContentSelect are accessible programmatically through a REST API, integrating the two technologies was straightforward.
The new solution sees BLAM act as the gateway between ContentSelect and Adobe Premiere, allowing operators to conduct QC and compliance editing tasks including:
- Receiving and adding QC data using Comment Markers on the timeline.
- Adding DPP AS-11 Segmentation Markers to identify programme parts.
- Specifying temporal attributes such as sponsorship details or end credits using Adobe Segmentation Markers.
- Cutting or re-sequencing content for distribution in different markets.
- Sharing QC data and exporting re-edited sequences through automated processes.
“We often find that we need to move quickly and remain critically focussed on the high-level content supply chain challenges we assist our customers with – we don’t always create our own specialist tools, we look for what we can find in the market to benefit from others’ economy of scale. In the same way that we use Adobe off the shelf, we use other existing tools to enhance our product offering,” said Peter Elvidge, TVT Media’s VP of technology. “We select partners, like Blue Lucy, who share our vision and can work at speed, in a flexible manner to deliver a compelling solution rather than a one-off project.”