The DPP has published a new guide to migrating media organisations to the Cloud.
The Cloud for Media is based on the input of media executives, systems architects, software engineers, and operations specialists from across the DPP membership in order to offer a guide to the steps required for moving to the Cloud. They include:
- Understanding Cloud technology, its impact on your business, and the benefits on offer
- Managing the shift to consumption based pricing and operational expenditure
- Forming a strategy that focuses on differentiated business value, not commodity processes and components
- Charting a migration path that transitions the right parts of your organisation at the right time
- Building strong capabilities to build and operate cloud workflows
- Delivering on the promise of Cloud native solutions: agility, scalability, resilience, security, and performance
“The Cloud is no longer a future ideal for media companies,” said DPP head of delivery and growth, Rowan de Pomerai. “It’s a reality for many, and this year has seen a dramatic rise in the need for remote working, scalable resourcing, and business agility, making the Cloud a necessity for all.”
The full report is available for DPP members to download on the DPP website.