Telestream and Quantum Corp have launched a Replay and Review packaged solution for ingest, instant review and storage of video from multi-camera, live sporting events. The joint solution combines the Telestream Pipeline Replay system for capture of multiple HD camera feeds and Quantum’s StorNext Pro Studio appliance and shared storage software solution.
The combination provides sports leagues and teams with a turnkey solution delivered through Diversified Systems. The Telestream-Quantum solution meets the expectations of modern-day officiating and offers re-monetisation opportunities. Benefits include:
• Instant review of live sporting events: customers can record an entire event live across multiple camera angles, instantly review any point in time and then jump back to live action.
• Simultaneous editing of highlight clips: using the Telestream Pipeline Replay client, editors can pick the camera angle that provides the best view, instantaneously log content and repurpose media for editing, transcoding, creation of highlights, or web/mobile distribution.
• Post-production editing on live feeds: an editor using Apple Final Cut or Adobe Premiere can simultaneously access the captured camera content from a single volume of StorNext storage.
• Easy scalability: the base system includes capture and multi-camera playback from eight camera feeds to a single client, and can be extended to 12 camera feeds with minimal Telestream Pipeline Replay additions and no extra storage costs.
• LTO-based archival of multi-camera content for future repurposing.
The Telestream-Quantum Replay and Review system includes all of the hardware, software and storage spares, along with three years of support, needed for deployment.