Rise has opened entries for its annual awards celebrating women in the broadcast media technology sector.
This year’s entries include three new categories, Company Award for Investment in Women, Influencer Award and Student Award.
The 2021 award categories are:
- Marketer/PR: This award will commend an outstanding woman who is working in a marketing or PR role in the industry; either in-house or for an agency or as a freelancer. Sponsored by Annex Pro
- Rising Star: The Rising Star award will recognise women who are industry newcomers, with four years or less industry experience, but who are considered as stand-out performers, innovators and emerging leaders in the broadcast and media industry. Sponsored by Avid.
- Influencer: This award will go to an individual that creates influence, communities, has a voice in the industry and brings people together. They can work in a sales, marketing, journalism, business or any other role and will be recognised by their peers and community as an influencer. Sponsored by Bitmovin.
- Production support engineer: An organised and skilled production support engineer, who represents the very best of the broadcasting profession. She has a strong understanding of the broadcast chain, offers outstanding troubleshooting skills; implicitly relates to relevant standards and demonstrates the ability to fault find from first principles. Sponsored by Blackmagic Design.
- Business: This award will recognise the achievements of a woman running a business within the broadcast industry (either manufacturer or service provider), for example, a CEO, Managing Director, COO, or business owner.
- Product Innovation: Recognises the importance of revolution and invention for the broadcasting sector today and for the future. Sponsored by Clear-Com.
- Company Award For Investment in Women: The winning organisation will have made a significant time or financial investment in recruiting and retaining its female workforce. They will be ensuring equal pay, giving their female talent a voice, providing flexible working practices and have a no-tolerance attitude to sexism in the workplace. This company will celebrate the success of its female team and be able to demonstrate the steps they have taken to do all of this. Sponsored by Deluxe.
- R&D engineer: This award recognises a high achiever, problem solver and team player who represents the very best of the broadcasting profession. Sponsored by OWNZONES.
- Technical Operations: Celebrates a technical operations team member who has gone above and beyond the requirements of their day to day role to make a difference, whether it’s delivering outstanding client service on a particular project or service line, resolving a difficult problem or supporting a colleague or client to help achieve this. Sponsored by Ross Video.
- Student: The student of the year will be a stellar representative of their educational institution. They will be the most outstanding student of their year but not necessarily with the highest grades. She will have shown determination to succeed and demonstrated a desire to learn, improve and exceed their potential. Sponsored by SMPTE.
- Sales: Open to any woman in a sales role in the broadcast industry working either in a manufacturer, service provider, broadcaster, media publisher or trade show. Sponsored by Telstra.
- Women of the Year: This special award be chosen by the Rise Advisory Board and is open to any woman from across the sector and at any level. The Award is for an extraordinary and inspirational woman who has made a significant contribution within her field. Sponsored by Zixi.
Carrie Wootten, managing director of Rise, said: “It’s very exciting to announce the launch of this year’s Rise Awards, which is an integral part of Rise and plays an important role in celebrating inspirational women in our exciting industry. We are pleased to introduce three new categories, Company Award for Investment in Women, Influencer Award and Student Award providing further opportunities for us all to give recognition to women in our community.”
“I would thank our sponsors for their generosity and for supporting the Rise Awards. We are looking forward to hosting the awards as part of the DPP Leaders’ Briefing event and most importantly congratulating the winners and all of the nominees in-person.”
Entrants can be nominated, or they can nominate themselves. More information is available here.