Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now

×

The Vatican is launching its own version of Netflix

Potential audience of 1.3 billion viewers

The Vatican will launch its own streaming platform next spring, titled VatiVision.

The platform will feature films, documentaries and programmes with a religious theme.

VatiVision is a collaboration between two Italian companies. Production company Officina della Comunicazione owns 75 per cent of VatiVision’s capital with the remaining 25 per cent held by Vetrya, which specialises in the development of digital services and Cloud computing platforms.

The service will launch in Q1 2020 and will be powered by Vetrya’s Eclexia platform.

According to VatiVision’s president Luca Tomassini, the platform has a potential audience of 1.3 billion viewers.

Close