Content Delivery Network provider CDN77 has announced the launch of Streamflow, a platform that houses live, linear and on-demand infrastructure under one roof.
The platform is powered by 20 dedicated video delivery PoPs in Europe, Asia and North and South America.
The management of all steps involved in getting the video to viewers’ devices happens behind a web-based user interface, with the following features included in each stage:
- Video origin – live signal ingestion in RTMP, HLS or MPEG-DASH, VoD Storage
- Video processing – on-the-fly transcoding and adaptive streaming, as well as DVR/Catch-up service
- Global delivery – 20 CDN PoPs on four continents with DDoS protection and 14+ Tbps of redundant bandwidth capacity
- Playback – customisable HTML5 player with dynamic ad insertion & audience analytics
- Security – built-in DRM, secure tokens and hotlink protection, blacklisting and whitelisting by GEO or IP address
According to CDN77, Streamflow currently handles some 500 live events per month, with clients including German broadcasting company Sport1, TEDx Prague, European Space Agency and ESET.