The Royal Television Society (RTS) has announced the winners of its 2019 Craft & Design Awards.
Sponsored by Gravity Media, the awards celebrate excellence in broadcast television and aim to recognise the huge variety of skills and processes involved in programme production across 30 categories.
Sky Adsmart won the RTS Special Award for its groundbreaking work in the UK and globally.
Chair of the Craft & Design Awards, Lee Connolly said: “We are constantly inspired and impressed with the incredible talent on display in our industry, and we are proud to honour the crafts people who make these shows possible – dedicating their time, energy and creativity to make some of the most impactful programming of the past year.”
The winners included:
- Editing – Documentary/Factual: Claire Guillon – Egon Schiele: Dangerous Desires, BBC Studios PQP for BBC Two
- Editing – Drama: Matthew Gray – The Virtues, Warp Films and Big Arty Productions for Channel 4
- Editing – Entertainment and Comedy: Simon Whitcomb and Christine Pancott – The Heist, Shine TV for Sky One
- Editing – Sport: Lukas Musil & David Snowdon – UEFA Champions League Final – Official Film, IMG Media for UEFA / BT Sport
- Effects: ‘One Of Us’ – The OA: Part II, Plan B Entertainment for Netflix
- Lighting for Multicamera: Tim Routledge – Stormzy – Glastonbury, Taw Box for BBC
- Multicamera Work: Giuseppe Bianchi – Master of Photography, Ballandi & Sky Arts Production Hub for Sky Arts
- Multicamera Work – Sport: Rhys Edwards, Matt Roberts & Laura McManamon – SailGP, Whisper & BT Sport
- Photography – Documentary/Factual & Non Drama: Daniel Dewsbury, Stuart Bernard & Jonny Ashton – The Mighty Redcar, 72 Films for BBC Two