Canon is introducing a new compact camera specifically designed for vloggers.
The PowerShot V10 weighs just over 211g and fits into the user’s pocket. According to Canon, it offers content creators an all-in-one solution that combines high-quality microphones with a built-in stand.
It also includes shake-free 4K UHD recording and professional-looking background blur.
“The sturdy vertical body is an entirely new design for Canon – a device so portable and unobtrusive that creators can comfortably blend in when recording themselves in crowded places,” said Canon.
Key features of the camera include:
- Compact and lightweight vertical body
- Wide angle lens focal length 6.6mm (35mm equivalent focal lengths are 18mm in stills and 19mm in video mode), f/2.8 maximum aperture
- Movie recording in 4K UHD at 29.97/25.00 fps and Full HD at 59.94/50.00 fps
- Face-tracking AF
- Smooth Skin movie shooting mode
- Large stereo microphone
- Tilt-up screen
- Built-in stand (easy tilt adjustment up to 30 degrees)
- 14 colour filters
- JPG still image shooting, equivalent to Scene Intelligent Auto
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Webcam [UVC/UAC]
The PowerShot V10 is fully compatible with Canon Camera Connect app, enabling users to transfer videos to a smartphone or tablet over Wi-Fi. The camera’s design includes both HDMI and USB ports for easy transfers to a laptop or PC, or to use as a webcam.