Adobe has unveiled a raft of new features for Creative Cloud which aim to speed up production timelines and enable more seamless workflows.
The updates include Adobe Sensei-powered animation, intelligent audio cleanup tools, selective colour grading, advanced data-driven motion graphics templates and end-to-end VR 180 support. Adobe says these new features will enable filmmakers and video professionals to spend more time shaping their next creative project and less time on repetitive editing tasks.
“Video professionals face short deadlines, clunky handoffs and long lists of deliverables,” said Steve Warner, vice president of digital video and audio at Adobe. “This latest Creative Cloud release introduces new innovation and capabilities to address these challenges and make common tasks faster and easier.”
The new capabilities to Adobe Creative Cloud, which are due to be released later this year, include:
- Animation – users can mold layers into new, dynamic shapes with new Mesh Sculpting tools that twist, bend and scale under creative control in After Effects.
- Sound – improve audio with intelligent clean up tools, DeNoise and DeReverb, in the Essential Sound panel in Adobe Audition. Dial down or remove background noise and reverb from a sound clip that’s been intelligently adjusted by adaptive algorithms.
- Colour – take the guesswork out of curve adjustments and bring simplicity and precision to selective colour grading and colour management with new Lumetri Colour tools in Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Turn data into stories – drag and drop spreadsheet files to Motion Graphics templates to generate visual representations of information within video projects using data-driven infographics in Premiere Pro.
- Immersive video – add new support features for 180-degree immersive video in Premiere Pro and After Effects, including optimised ingest, effects and output in Google VR 180 for viewing on YouTube or other platforms.