EditShare will showcase its new Flow software-defined media asset management (MAM) platform at the IBC2018 exhibition.
The latest version of Flow, which will be available through a subscription-based model at the end of September, has been completely re-engineered for non-EditShare storage environments including Avid NEXIS, StorageDNA and Amazon S3.
Bringing its intelligent media management layer to existing storage pools, Flow opens up new possibilities for collaboration and production from remote locations.
“The days of everyone involved in a production being in the same building, at the same time, are long gone,” said James Richings, general manager, EditShare. “Whether you’re a broadcaster, post facility, news agency, education establishment, or a corporate media department, this new version of Flow creates flexible ways for teams to make better use of their existing storage infrastructure. With unrivaled collaboration and remote workflows at a price that works for even the smallest of teams, Flow opens up new possibilities for those working in non-EditShare storage environments.”
EditShare Flow brings intelligent ingest, asset indexing, search and retrieve as well as tools to storyboard, annotate and collaborate on media projects. It also offers advanced automation and workflow design tools to automate complex processes such as transcoding and redundant media migrations including moving content from production to nearline to archive storage spaces. The new third-party system integration highlights include:
- AVID ISIS/NEXIS - Workspaces can be used natively by Flow for all the usual operations such as scanning, folder watching, proxy creation, copy/move, and transcode to/from.
- Amazon S3 - Archive and restore to and from S3 buckets of all storage classes including “General Purpose,” “Infrequent Access” and “Archive.” In addition, users can move or copy assets between these buckets and storage classes.
- Amazon Glacier - Archive to and restore from Amazon Glacier vaults.
- Generic S3 - Archive and restore to and from any generic S3 object storage, such as Object Matrix.
- Storage DNA - Archive and restore to and from StorageDNA defined Tape archives. Flow proxies can also be shared with the StorageDNA media browser.
- SGL FlashNet support.
- SMB/CIFS - Support for any SMB/CIFS storage platform.