BritBox has selected M2A Media’s VoD Workflow to transcode, package and deliver VoD content with subtitles and technical metadata for its launch on Amazon Prime Video in Canada.
The Workflow uses Amazon Web Services to process BritBox’s new and archived content. MediaConvert allows M2A Media to set up customised profiles to handle various source media formats, resolutions, and cropping requirements.
BritBox is using a range of features from M2A Media’s VoD Workflow, including:
- Support of MovieLabs, Amazon Native, iTMS Package specifications
- Re-processing transcodes for multiple platforms
- API calls to separate packaging on transcode artefacts
- API calls to deliver and send packaged artefacts to chosen endpoints
- BritBox controlled end to end logic
- Accelerated on-boarding to new platforms
- 24/7 operational support and proactive monitoring
- Load based AWS elastic scaling
M2A Media has been working with BritBox since 2017 when it launched on Amazon Prime Video Channels in the US in 2017.
Soumya Sriraman, president, BritBox commented: “M2A’s agility and tech readiness is a key factor of our partnership and it’s fantastic to be evolving our relationship with M2A Media. We look forward to growing our reach with their support.”
Marina Kalkanis, CEO, M2A Media, added: “We were really pleased when BritBox came to us to discuss their VoD workflow. The renewal of our partnership is testament to the excellent service M2A provides. BritBox is committed to bringing the best of British content to a global audience – the launch on Amazon Prime Video in Canada being the latest step – and we are proud to be working in partnership with them to make this happen.”