RTL Croatia has worked with Broadcasting Center Europe (BCE) and SGT (Hexaglobe Group) to upgrade its infrastructure to HD.
The network’s eight HD channels were upgraded in four months, migrating to SGT’s VEDA 16 range which includes reliable and efficient MAM and multi-channel broadcasting features, along with an intuitive and customisable user interface.
RTL, RTL2, RTL Living, RTL Kockica, RTL Crime, RTL Passion, RTL Croatia World and RTL Adria (expected to be launched in January 2020) are also secured by two backup channels to ensure redundancy.
The project adapted to RTL’s specific requirements, such as automatic archiving, on-demand video file transfer, low-resolution video file generation, and complete and automatic metadata management.
Further technical specifications included:
- Harmonic video servers in shared storage
- Video branding equipment: Grass Valley Intuition, Intuition XG, ImageStore IS750 and LGK-3901,
CasparCG, DVE Evertz
- Subtitles: Screen
- Switching equipment: Riedel & Evertz
- ISLON (NAS) storages, K2
- Interfacing with BCE’s “Adonis” Traffic System
- Interface to a Rhozet farm in WFS