Software components and solutions for connected TV devices company iWedia has announced that it is working with Google to develop and deliver a Live TV application for Google TV and other Android TV OS devices.
The app is being developed to improve the user experience and enable TV manufacturers to add more value and increase revenue streams, the companies said. It will initially launch in Europe in Q4 2022.
As well as basic features such as an EPG guide, channel list and parental controls, the Live TV app will also include:
- Branding options for TV brands, with customisable look and feel
- User friendly design and navigation
- Rich metadata (optional add-on)
- Voice Control with Google Assistant
- Deep linking with streaming services (in roadmap)
- Seamless integration with Google TV’s Live TV tab
“We are honoured that Google has partnered with iWedia to deliver this ambitious project, which involves the design, development and integration of complex broadcast TV functionality, as well as multi-country certification,” Hans-Jürgen Desor, CEO, iWedia, said.
“With a modern, user-friendly UI and options for brands to add value as well as increase revenues, we know that this app – which has already won the confidence of both Google and Skyworth – will meet and even exceed the needs of both TV manufacturers and end users.”