Telco EE is launching a new Match Day Experience for customers, offering 360 pitch-side viewing, a Watch Together feature, Dolby Atmos and augmented reality.
The package is available to customers of its Full Works plan and 5G iPhone, and is available via the BT sport app.
At launch, the full set of Match Day Experience features will be available for BT Sport’s live Saturday lunchtime Premier League match. Selected features will also be available for additional BT Sport programming including the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, the Emirates FA Cup, Gallagher Premiership Rugby, with availability expanding throughout the season.
Match Day Experience features include:
- Watch Together – Enables fans to watch, see and chat with three other friends, alongside any BT Sport broadcast, via a split-screen interface.
- 360 – A new “pinch and zoom” functionality enables fans to home in on their desired areas of interest in order to feel like they are at the ground. 360 offers viewers the chance to select different camera angles and viewpoints, not normally seen in broadcast.
- Stadium Experience – Customers can use an Augmented Reality doorway in the BT Sport app to be transported from wherever they are into the dressing rooms, dugouts, trophy rooms and tunnel areas.
- Dolby Atmos – Launching later this season for select events,.
- Manager Mode – EE customers will have the choice of adding real-time graphics as part of the match coverage augmented on the pitch. The feature provides informative and insightful stats, such as a mini-map tracking the positions of all players for a tactical viewpoint, plus player names, player speeds and more such as tracers marking the path of shots.
Marc Allera, chief executive, BT’s consumer division, said: “We continually look for ways to offer customers new and innovative services, allowing them to make the most from their smartphone. Our new Match Day Experience features will provide an amazing array of ways to enhance their sports viewing – over the UK’s number one network for 5G.
“They can now watch the action live with their mates thanks to integrated video chat. Get closer to the game with the best ever 360° views, and view real-time stats and graphics projected on the pitch and around each player with Manager Mode. What’s more – only with us can they also get up-close and personal, with advanced Match Day Live AR features – ensuring that when they’re out and about, they can always get the best seats in the house.”
The new features will launch with BT Sport’s coverage of West Ham versus Manchester United on 24th October.