Canon has unveiled its latest 4K HDR camcorder and lens, which it says are aimed at news, features and corporate production.
The XF605 camera is capable of achieving 4K 60p/50p 4:2:2 10-bit image quality and FHD up to 120p high frame rate in a small form factor. It also offers picture options including HDR (HLG/PQ), Canon Log3 and user-created Look Files.
The camera also employs Canon’s Dual Pixel CMOS Auto Focus System, which maintains sharp focus on an individual even if they turn away from the camera. A new Direct Touch user interface allows users to quickly select subjects to focus on, as well as control on-screen settings, menu navigation and playback control.
The XF605 weighs approx. 2kg, making it 10 per cent smaller and 600g lighter than the XF705, and is equipped with IP streaming capability that supports multiple protocols, remote control for multicamera operation. It can simultaneously output to both 12G-SDI and HDMI connections, which Canon says can be fed into any combination of monitors, broadcast and recording systems to support both live and pre-recorded workflows.
XF605 key features:
- 1.0 Type CMOS Sensor and DIGIC DV7 Processor
- 4K UHD 60p/50p 4:2:2 10-bit in XF-AVC, and MP4
- 4K L-Series, 15x Optical Zoom Lens with 30x Advanced Zoom in FHD
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Eye Detection AF and EOS iTR AF X
- Supports PQ & HLG HDR formats
- Simultaneous recording versatility, including Proxies
- Professional connectivity including 12G-SDI, HDMI, XLR inputs, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, USB-C, and more
- CTM App for easy file transfer to mobile phones and editing news metadata
Canon has also unveiled a new 8K lens which can be employed for news or broadcast production. The 10×16 KAS S 8K BCTV zoom lens is equipped with special glass elements such as fluorite, Hi-UD lenses and wide-diameter aspherical lenses, which the company says helps reduce chromatic aberrations, spherical aberrations and other effects that diminish image quality.
10×16 KAS S key features:
- 1.25” hand-held 8K broadcast lens
- 10x optical zoom from 16mm – 160mm
- Constant f/2.8 aperture
- Weighs just 2.94kg