Kiloview is launching a new N50 converter which is able to convert 12G-SDI to NDI and NDI to 12G-SDI.
It will also be able to support the direct transmission of USB to NDI signals by integrating both NDI and NDI|HX into one converter, said the company.
According to Kiloview, the N50 “offers unmatched colour depth and transmission efficiency”, by supporting 12gG-SDI and both main NDI protocols, as well as delivering both high quality or low latency “under the most demanding professional broadcast and AV conditions”.
The N50 shares a number of features with the recently launched N60, including:
- NDI and NDI|HX: Both protocols supported with encoding and decoding functionality combined all in one small form factor
- Better colour performance: Up to YCbCr 4:2:2 colour space and 10 bits colour depth
- High quality and low latency: 4K video bi-directional transmission with HDMI/12G-SDI input and output when every millisecond counts.
- Built-in IPS LCD screen: Quick, smart, and clear presentation of all vital parameters for intuitive live direction
- Scroll wheel: Customise user settings and/or switch and control all video sources with ultimate ease
- Bring HD USB video into NDI: For customers using USB HD camera sources, the N60 and N50 simply connect to the USB video and transmit it to a NDI source, opening up even more possibilities in NDI production environments
“Both N60 and N50 offer broadcasters a solution to the difficult and time-consuming process of figuring out which encoder or decoder in the chain accepts an NDI or an NDI|HX stream,” said Judy Zuo, Kiloview’s VP and head of sales and marketing.
“Since the N60/N50 may output both NDI and NDI|HX, there is no need to set different NDI formats anymore. With professional quality of image and low latency performance, the N50/N60 could boost the application of NDI in industries such as professional broadcasting, medical, education, etc.”