The Alliance for IP Media Solutions (AIMS) has confirmed the presentation schedule for its AIMS TechFest 2021 Presents IP Showcase, which takes place on 25 and 26 May next week.
AIMS is hosting the virtual event in partnership with the Advanced Media Workflow Association (AMWA) and the Video Services Forum (VSF), with live daily sessions scheduled from 10:00 to 13:00 EDT (15:00 to 18:00 BST/16:00 to 19:00 CET) on each day. The showcase is designed to educate the broadcast and Pro AV industries on the “latest progress in achieving an all-IP ecosystem using open standards”.
The agenda is as follows:
Tuesday, 25 May 25, 15:00 – 18:00 BST
- IP Systems: The Big Picture: by Brad Gilmer, executive director, AMWA and VSF
- Live Media Production – The Ultimate End Game: by Andy Rayner, chief technologist, Nevion
- A Review of the IP Live Core Implementation in BBC Cymru Wales – Central Square, Cardiff: by Mark Patrick, lead architect, BBC; Mike Ellis, head of production architecture, BBC; and Dan Ashcroft, senior project manager, BBC
- Bridging the Gap between Broadcast and Network Monitoring and Measurement: by Michael Waidson, application engineer, Telestream
- A Frank Discussion of NMOS: Panel discussion moderated by Brad Gilmer, executive director, AMWA and VSF
Wednesday, 26 May, 15:00 – 18:00 BST
- IP Video/Audio Taxonomy – A Field Guide: by Wes Simpson, founder, Learn IP Video
- The Once and Future Impact of Moore’s Law on Networking: by Robert Welch, principal engineer, Arista Networking
- IPMX for Broadcast Installations: by Jean Lapierre, senior director, advanced technologies, Matrox
- ST 2110 Over WAN – The Conclusion of Act 1: by Andy Rayner, chief technologist, Nevion
- ST 2110: Monitoring the Future of Live Remote Production: by Kevin Salvidge, European regional development manager, Leader Europe Ltd
- Automated Inventory Discovery and Management for Hybrid NMOS Compatible & Proprietary Broadcast Infrastructure: by Thomas Gunkel, global market director, broadcast, Skyline Communications
Registration details, further information on AIMS TechFest 2021 Presents IP Showcase, and the full presentation schedule is available at https://aimsalliance.org/techfest-2021/.