Providing customer service and experience is equally as critical as a strong content offering and value for money, according to Paywizard.
The latest findings concluded that with an ever-narrowing differentiation between various SVoD and pay-TV services, content becomes less and less important as each provider offers a similar range of in-demand shows and genres.
The conclusion comes on the back of eight consumer ‘moments’ identified by Paywizard.
The eight ‘moments’ were:
- Find: Deciding on a service to sign up to, that best suits the consumer’s content and cost requirements
- Join: The process of signing up, as easily and quickly as possible
- Consume: Seamless viewing of appealing content, at any time, location and on any device
- Upgrade: Flexibly upgrading your services package, as and when you like
- Downgrade: Flexibly downgrading your services package, when it suits
- Bill: Receiving accurate, clear and timely bills, using a favoured payment method
- Leave: Cancelling a subscription with as little hassle as possible
- Win Back: Rejoining a service again, at any time, without re-registering.
“For consumers, it is harder than ever to differentiate between TV services, said Bhavesh Vaghela, CMO of Paywizard.
"Intense competition has led to a point where every service has an extensive content library and price variation is minimal, which means that operators need to find another way to set themselves apart.
“Our own insight and experience of pay-TV services, together with the focus group findings, have led us to believe that customer service and experience is becoming the new and powerful differentiator.
“Our goal is simply to get operators in a position whereby they are responding to subscribers precisely when subscribers need them, and taking an approach which is tailored to the particular individual.”