Advocacy group Rise has launched its inaugural awards scheme, aiming to recognise women in the global broadcast and media industry.
The Rise Awards are free to enter and nominations are open until 15th July. The winners will be announced on Saturday 14th September at a special reception during IBC2019.
The categories are:
- Engineer – This award recognises a high achiever, problem solver and team player who represents the very best of the broadcasting profession. Sponsored by Clear-Com
- Marketer/PR – Open to any woman working in a marketing or PR role in the industry either in-house, or for an agency/freelance, that has excelled in their role
- Technical Operations – For a technical operations team member who has gone above and beyond the requirements of their day-to-day role to make a difference
- Saleswoman – Open to any woman in a sales role in the broadcast industry working for either a manufacturer, service provider, broadcaster, media publisher, or tradeshow
- Business – Open to any woman in the following roles – CEO, managing director, COO, owner and anyone whose role means that they are running a business in the broadcast industry (either manufacturer, broadcaster or service provider). Sponsored by Adobe
- Rising Star – This award will recognise those that can demonstrate exceptional and ongoing achievements that have made a significant contribution to their business (must have worked in the industry for less than four years). Sponsored by Avid Customer Association
- Woman of the Year – This special award is open to any inspiring and extraordinary woman across the sector, at any level, for making a significant difference in her field or to the industry. Sponsored by Grass Valley
Entrants can be nominated or they can nominate themselves. All applications will require statements on the nominee and why they are relevant for the award, as well as a testimonial from a client or colleague.
Nominations can be submitted via Rise’s website.