A new platform has been launched that will offer access to capital, mentorship, and potential partners and customers to start-up companies in the media technology industry.
Supernode Global is an amalgamation of Rooks Nest Ventures and media networking community and is described as an integration of a VC into a community, it is aiming to invest in eight companies per year.
It intends to focus on media infrastructure, either consumer-facing user-generated-content platforms or the technology which powers those platforms.
It will offer entrepreneurs:
- Access to capital (angel and venture)
- Access to talent
- Access to potential partners, customers and service providers
- Access to mentorship
- Peer to peer knowledge sharing and troubleshooting
- Bespoke programmes designed for early stage companies
- Matchmaking service connecting members of the community around specific needs
“Great ideas, talent and capital can be found everywhere, and our goal is to make sure that the right people connect to each other no matter where they are. We believe our global nature, and the unique combination of capital and community will unlock incredible value for startups, corporates and investors,” said the company in a blog post.