TVBEurope, in partnership with Dell EMC, is delivering a free webinar on 16th November.
The live webinar, titled ‘Unlocking the power of IP with virtualisation, collaboration and security’, will take place at 3pm GMT.
Five industry experts; Peter Bruce, director, APAC, IABM; Thomas Burns; field CTO for media and entertainment, Dell; Stan Moote, CTO, IABM; Rob O’Brien, senior application manager, ITV Studios; and Eric Philpott, business development, Adobe Pro Video, will explore various seismic shifts within the industry, discussing:
- AI-based metadata extraction from media archives
- Telco 5G re-architecture encouraging adoption of SDN and NFV by media companies
- Distributed file – object workflows for collaborative content production
- Financial modelling tools to calculate the costs of moving data in the pipeline
- Orchestration layer and “service bus” – based workflow management tools
- Media functions virtualised using FPGAs versus GPUs
- “Build versus Buy” OTT strategies for linear broadcasters
- Content Security concerns with networks carrying premium content
- HDR for gaming versus broadcast versus cinema
The evolution to IP networks’ replacement of SDI is itself moving in multiple phases. But it’s not just this that we have to consider; enterprise IT infrastructure and workflow tools are getting a workout too.
To accommodate the demands of global collaborative media production and post-production, enterprise data centre operations and provisioning tools for workflow automation and orchestration are becoming best practices in knitting all this complexity together. Don’t miss out – register here.