Vice to launch throughout 51 countries23 June 2016
Vice has penned multiple new international deals that will see the youth media brand expand across 51 countries.
The deals range from three-screen market entries in India and the Middle East to 24-hour TV channels across Australia and New Zealand, to a stand-alone TV channel across Southeast Asia, and a linear-first venture in Africa.
The deals will significantly increase the brands international footprint, with Vice hopeful that their newfound presence will usher in new audiences and revenue streams across multiscreen programming ventures.
Shane Smith, CEO and founder of Vice said, “People don’t like to believe me. Maybe it’s because I drink too much. Maybe ’cause I’m a story teller.
“But today I have something to confess; I am a liar. I lied. Earlier this year it was widely reported that I announced that we would launch Viceland in 12 countries in 12 months and that is not true.
“We will in fact be launching in 44 countries (for those keeping score that’s less than four months in). Making Viceland the fastest growing television network in history. Forgive me my sins I love you all.”
New Vice partners include:
– The Times of India Group (ToI) for India market entry across digital, mobile, and TV
– The MOBY Group for Middle East market entry across digital, mobile, TV
– SBS Australia to launch Viceland across Australia
– Sky New Zealand to launch Viceland across New Zealand on Sky TV and Sky Mobile
– Multi Channels Asia to launch Viceland across Southeast Asia
– Econet Media to launch Viceland across digital and linear throughout Africa
– Groupe V Media to launch Viceland in Quebec and throughout French speaking Canada