SCTE Benelux Lecture on in-home architecture15 September 2014
The Benelux Group of the SCTE (the Society for Broadband Professionals) will hold its next Benelux lecture during IBC at 14.00 today in Room E102. Entitled ‘In-Home Architecture Issues’, and sponsored by ARRIS, this free event (open to all) will be moderated by Thomas Nogues, executive advisor for CableLabs, and will feature speakers from key players in the industry.
Various topics such as 4K, Wi-Fi, the cloud and the Connected Home will be considered, as well as CPE virtualisation. The Benelux Group is one of a number of regional groups that are part of the worldwide SCTE organisation, the global non-profit body that aims to raise the standard of broadband engineering in the telecommunications industry.
Presentations and speakers at the event include:
• ‘Extending Service Assurance in the 4K Wi-Fi Home’ by Cornel Ciocirlan, chief technology officer, EMEA, ARRIS.
• ‘Getting to the Edge’ by Thomas Nogues, executive advisor, CableLabs.
• ‘The Connected Home’ by Hans van Elsen, CTO, Alcadis ISP Solutions.
• ‘Making it all Work’ by Peter Simpson, VP Product Marketing, Pace.
• ‘CPE Virtualisation – the New Way of Home Network Management and Services Enablement’ by Arkadiusz Kaliwoda, consulting systems engineer, Cisco Systems.
Meet the SCTE on the Partnership Village, booth 8.F51e, outside Hall 8 during the IBC exhibition.